The new OptiX OSN 6800 is deployed at a site. After the ODU2 cross-connection between the TDX and ND2 boards is configured, the TDX and ND2 boards report the BUS_ERR alarm.
After the service type of the TDX board is set properly, the alarm is cleared.
1. The board is suspected to be faulty. After the TDX board is replaced, the alarm persists. Hence, the board is normal.
2. After the board is reseated, the alarm persists.
3. The default rate on the system side of the TDX board is 11.1 Gbit/s. The default rate of the ND2 board on the system side is 10.7 Gbit/s. After an ODU2 cross-connection is configured between them, the TDX board receives signals at the 11.1 Gbit/s rate. The rate of the signal from the ND2 board, however, is 10.7 Gbit/s. Therefore, the alarm is reported. After the service type of the TDX board is set to STM-64, the board receives data at 10.7 Gbit/s. The problem is solved.
1. At present, only the TN12TDX, TN11TQX, TN11ND2, and TN12NS2 boards, which support the ODU2 service granularity, report the alarm when the service type is improper.
2. This type of alarm may occur when a cross-connection is configured but the service type of the related board is improper. This, however, does not affect the functioning of the existing boards on the network.
3. If a cross-connection need to be configured, it is recommended that you set the service type of the board before configuring the ODU2 cross-connection.