After performing a download of a specific configuration to a GSCC board of an OSN 3500, the result of the operation showed two error messages and the operation was not successful.
The results of the operation were the following messages: "Power is not enough, Error code 41773" and "Can’t run because the function which it depends on can not run successfully, Error code 73733".
"Power is not enough, Error code 41773"
"Can?t run because the function which it depends on can not run succesfully,Error code 73733".
1. To check the power consumption of the OSN 3500, use the command:
The results are as follows:
BID LOG-BDYPE ACTIVE-STATE LOG-POWER PHY-BDYPE PHY-POWER
1 ssn1pq1 active 19 ssn1pq1 19
2 ssn2egs2 active 43 ssn2egs2 43
254 bdtype null 0xff 700 bdtype null 700
255 bdtype null 0xff 720 bdtype null 675
Total records :86
Row 254 displays the logical power consumption and physical power consumption of the current NE. Row 255 displays the maximum power consumption and the power consumption threshold of the backplane of the NE.
To deal with the problem there are two options:
1. Delete protection boards from the configuration to be downloaded, and perform the download. By doing this, it is possible to avoid the error of "Power is not enough", because the logical logical consumption of the NE is decreased.
2. Add other PIU board, and perform the download, to increase the power capacity of the rack.
Two coditions were assumed when analyzing this case:
1. When the total power consumption is lower than the threshold value of the rack, it is possible to add a board and initiate the NE.
2. When the total power consumption is between the threshold value and the maximum power consumption, it is not possible to add a board or initiate an NE (perform a download for example).
The download was going to be performed to a GSCC board in a rack with only one board (GSCC) and the basic ones (PIU, AUX). In this case, even if the physical consumption was less than the threshold of the rack, the logical consumption met the second mentioned condition. Additionally, the rack was using just one PIU board, and logical power consumption was exceeding its capacity, generating the error message.
It is not possible to perform a download in OSN 3500 rack with a single PIU, of a configuration whose power consumption is between the threshold and the maximum power consumption.
To avoid this, it is important to check the power consumption of the NE using the "cfg-get-power" command.