What is the relation between ASON enabling, configuration of the optical amplifier board, and using of the OPA function of the NG WDM equipment?
1. The OPA is not a precondition for the NG WDM ASON to create an ASON service. That is, the NG WDM ASON can or cannot use the OPA to configure services. According to the OptiX GCP Deployment Guide (V2.10), it is recommended that you use the function when the conditions for using the OPA are met.
2. When no optical amplifier board is configured in the optical path and when the OPA does not work, the solution is to disable the OPA function. Note that in this case, the optical parameter-based path calculation function of the ASON cannot be provided. When you create an ASON service, deselect the Enable Optical Parameter Constraints option on the T2000.
3. You can also add a logical optical amplifier board to meet the OPA function and the optical parameter-based path calculation function of the ASON. You must be very careful and pay attention to the following two points:
4. (1) The budget of the optical power must be met.
5. (2) The reference value of the logical optical amplifier must be set manually based on the actual optical power.