If you can not connect to the SCC of OSN1800 because of the reasons below, you can use this case:
●) OSN1800 does not have the default IP and subnetmask anymore,
●) after applying the new default gateway, subnetmask and IP it is not possible to login into this NE anymore,
●) you do not know which default gateway, subnetmask or IP the NE has,
●) Communication Parameters have been changed and no-one informed you but you have to login into this NE.
e.g. You have one OSN1800 NE -> NE1 = missing IP information
You have a second OSN1800 NE -> NE2 = known IP information
Use this procedure for setting a new IP by the help of OSC:
1) Use the Navigator to log in into NE2.
2) Type in following command ":cm-get-eccroute".
3) Use the calculator in the Navigator to convert the NE1 ID - which is returned after the above command - from hexadecimal to decimal.
4) Log in with Navigator to NE1 by its ID.
5) Now you can set the IP to your requirement, ":cm-set-ip:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx".
6) Also the subnetmask, ":cm-set-submask:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx".
It happened many times that the field engineer installed a new OSN1800 NE and after he finished with the new IP settings he was not anymore able to connect into that NE and that is why I had to perform the above mentioned steps and why I had to set new IP and subnetmask to this NE. Afterwards the field engineer was able to login into this NE and to perform all required operations.