After the upgrade of NE40E, configure one IP address on interface g3/0/0 (192.168.80.120/24), then connect directly one PC to this interface with the IP address in the same network segment (192.168.80.121). But when we ping from the PC to the router, there is no reply of ping packets.
1. Upload the paf and license file again to main and slave board of NE40E.
2. Then restart the router, check the ping, problem solved.
1. Check the interface status, the physical and link is up.
2. Check the interface configuration of the g3/0/0, configuration is right.
3. Check the status of interface by "display interface", there are incoming packets, but no outcoming packets.
4. Check the license file and paf file, and found that when do the upgrade, the license file is overwrite by paf file, the license file is wrong, this is the reason of no ping reply.
1. When doing the upgrade, be careful with the paf and license, make sure these files are right. If not, the service on NE routers will have problems