When insert additional board N2SLO1, OSN3500 does not recognize it.
1. Use the Navigator to check if the equipment recognize the board using the command :cfg-get-phybd. The equipment is not detecting the N2SLO1 board.
2. Try to manually create the board in T2000. The equipment still doesn't recognize the N2SLO1 boards and BD_STATUS alarms keep appears.
3. With that problem, it supposedly to check or upgrade the board or NE version.
4. Check the NE software and found NE software was V1R2. This version is considered very old if compare to current release version V1R9.
5. Board version of the SLO1 is N2. So, to make it very sure, we check in Version Match Table by Technical Support > Software> Version Software> Optical Network Product Line> NG SDH> OptiX OSN 3500> Version Match Table.
6. We do check version by version and found V1R1, V1R2, V1R3, V1R5 no N2SLO1 in the list, means N2SLO1 not compatible with these version. Only V1R6 and above (V1R7, V1R8 and V1R9) are compatible.
7. Thus, we concluded that N2SLO1 is not match with OSN 3500 V1R2. 8. So, in this case need to upgrade the NE version, because NE version is quite older than board version. It is not practical to downgrade the board version to make it match with older version of NE (if case of board version can downgrade to support NE version), but in this case it cannot.
9. Then, upgrade NE to V1R7C02B017(18.104.22.168) version.
10. Connect the N2SLO1 board in OSN3500 again and the equipment can recognize the board.
BD_STATUS alarm appeared, means the NE cannot detect the physical board even the physical already inserted.
The possible causes of the BD_STATUS alarm are as follows:
1. The board is not inserted.
2. The inter-board communication is faulty.
3. The board software is faulty and thus cannot communicate with the NE.
4. The board is not properly inserted.
5. The board is cold reset or warm reset.
After we do a comprehensive tracing, found that no.2 or no.3 could be the main possibility. This is because:
1. The board insertion already check and connected well.
2. The board has no reset activity.
3. No COMMUN_FAIL alarm appeared.
We suspected it could board software mismatch with NE software.
Before deploying the board to the customer site, please check first the compability between NE software and board software in Version Match Table. Otherwise, it will interrupt the operation and maintenance as already planned, and also waste your time. Let's say you bring the board to customer site which is very far and suddenly the board cannot working because version mismatch, then you have to go again and operation program will be delay.