AU_AIS alarm is reported at Metro 1000 OI2D board Slot 2 Port 2. No any other alarm for that board. However when checking in T2000 no fiber is generated to and from this port. In fact no cross connect services configured through this port.
1. Disconnect the existing fiber and do a physical loopback, alarm cleared.
2. Create one E1 services and test by 2M analyzer for 24hours and no BER found.
3. Thus, port 2 is ok. AU_AIS could be coming from unknown far end sources.
4. Disconnect physical loopback, R_LOS appeared, and then suppress that port to avoid alarm appear.
1. Check the current alarm to confirm AU_AIS at port 2 slot 2 OI2D.
2. The possible causes might be one of the follows:
i. A higher-level alarm, such as the R_LOS, R_LOF, R_OOF, B1_EXC or B2_EXC, occurs in the system.
ii. The alarms R_LOS, R_LOF, R_OOF, MS_AIS, B1_EXC, B1_SD, B2_EXC, B2_SD, AU_LOP, B3_EXC, B3_SD, HP_TIM, HP_LOM, HP_SLM, HP_UNEQ occurred at the upstream station.
iii. The transmit unit (such as cross-connect boards or line boards) at the opposite station is faulty.
iv. The receive unit at the local station is faulty.
3. Since no R_LOS alarm at that port 2, it means port 2 is connected with fiber.
4. By checking in T2000, after upload NE data, synchronize and search fiber, port 2 is not connected to any Huawei equipment.
5. Port 1 is normal and has fiber in T2000 and have services configured, no other alarm for OI2D board except AU_AIS at port 2, it means the OI2D board at Slot 2 is no problem.
6. Upload again and check in T2000 SDH cross connect, found no services for port 2 slot 2. It means, no services are grooming to or from port 2 either drop or pass throu. Port 2 is not used at all.
7. Thus, suspected port 2 is connected to other devices with no purposes. Even if it connected to other vendors, it should have services configuration.
1. Please ensure every patch cord must have label with describing port connecting to where even though used for testing or something else.
2. Every port should have records to and from.
3. If not proper records for patch cords and ports, it will make people confuse especially if testing done by outside party such contractors, suppliers or vendors.
4. Periodical maintenance must be regularly implemented based on schedule.