There are Ethernet services(shared port) between A and B,A and C. EFS board is used in site A and it is connected to a Lan switch which send Ethernet fram with VLan ID. EFT is used in site B
and C.After configuring the Ethernet service, package lost in the client equipment happened on these two links.But It is normal using Ethernet test frame.
1. Check the bound paths and SDH service configuration and make sure they are correct.
2. The TAG flag of MAC of EFS is configured as "tag aware" because it is connected to a Lan Switch with VLAN ID. EFT is a transparent transmission board. So there
is no need to configure the TAG atrribute for the port.
3. Check the TAG flag of VCTrunk of EFS. The TAG flag is "tag aware". When the package with VLAN ID which comes from Lan Switch will pass throgth the EFS and
arrive at site B with VLAN ID. Therefore the package will be deserted as the client equipment in site B can not identify VLAN ID.It is the same with site C
4. The package without VLAN ID which comes from B will be deserted because of the TAG flag of VCTrunk of EFS. Thus we need to change the TAG flag of VCTrunk
of EFS to "access" and set the defaut Vlan ID as the same Vlan ID coming from the switch. The configuration is showed in the attached
1. Ethernet services configuration is not right.
2. The client equipments are faulty.
3. If the configuration and Ethernet test frame have no problem it is possible that the port tag attribute or VLan ID is not correctly configured.
You'd better be very clear about the Ethernet service signal type(With or Without VLAN ID) and know that the port how to process the signal when you configure Ethernet service. If so, you will be very good at dealing with the
Ethernet service trouble.