The OptiX OSN 1800 is used to build a metropolitan area WDM network in the suburbs. The TN11LWX2 boards are used to carry 2.5 Gbps SDH services between two stations. When the ports on the client side of the TN11LWX2 boards at both stations are connected to the 2.5 Gbps optical interfaces of the device provided by X company, the interfaces on the client side and WDM sides of the TN11LWX2 boards report the R_LOC alarm and the 2.5 Gbps optical interfaces of the device provided by X company report the R_LOS alarm. The service fails.
The RX1 interface on the client side and the IN1 interface on the WDM side of the TN11LWX2 boards on the OptiX OSN 1800 report the R_LOC alarm and the 2.5 Gbps optical interfaces of the device provided by X company report the R_LOS alarm.
1. Use an optical power meter to measure the output and input optical power of the TN11LWX2 boards. The output and input optical power of the TN11LWX2 boards is within the normal range.
2. On the iManager T2000, check the basic attributes of the WDM interfaces on the TN11LWX2 boards.
The Service Rate parameter is set to the default value (2667.0 Mbit/s, that is, the rate of OTU1 services) on both the WDM side and the client side of the TN11LWX2 boards.
3. Change the value of the Service Rate parameter of the RX1/TX1 port on the client side to 2488.3 Mbit/s (the rate of the 2.5 Gbps SDH signals). As the optical interface on the WDM side of the TN11LWX2 board supports only the transparent transmission function, the change of the value of the Service Rate parameter fails. Thus, the fault persists.
4. Change the value of the Service Rate parameter of the IN1/OUT1 port on the WDM side to 2488.3 Mbit/s. The fault is rectified and
the service is available.
The rates are set improperly for the client side and the WDM side of the TN11LWX2 boards.
1. The R&D confirms that the service rates supported on the client side and WDM side of the TN11LWX2 board depend on the values of input service rate set on the iManager T2000, though the TN11LWX2 board is a transparent transmission board. For this reason, the Service Rate parameters of the optical interfaces on the client side and WDM side should be set to the rate of the actual service.
2. When the TN11LWX2 board serves as the wavelength converter, it supports service rate ranging from 42 Mbit/s to 2.7 Gbit/s. The iManager T2000 does not provide service rate options and the rate of the specific service needs to be entered manually. The rates (unit: Mbit/s) of each type of services are as follows:
3. Except the TN11LWX2, all other OTUs of the OptiX OSN 1800 use OTN interfaces (OTU1) on the WDM side. If the TN11LWX2 acts as the repeater of the OTUs, the Rx port on the client side of the TN11LWX2 also uses the 2.5 Gbps colored optical module. The Service Rate parameters on both the client and WDM sides should be set to 2667.0 Mbit/s.