When trying to create services or any other configurations to an OSN3500, an error message appeared, showing that the NE was busy, performing batch backing
up process. The alarm and NE attributes could be seen through NM. The software version of the NE is 220.127.116.11P01.
SYNC_FAIL 0x1f 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xff
For the NE with 18.104.22.168P01, check the following parameters.
1. Check the status of the backing up process, using the following command:
2. If the result of the command is:
Backup-Info : 0000000002
It means the the batch backing up process is being performed. If it persists, for more than 10 minutes, it means that the process could be time out.
3. To establish the history communication status of both standby and main GSCC board, use the following commands:
:hbu-get-com-his: pgid (pgid is the slot number of the GSCC boards)
SLOT-ID TIME COM-STATE STDBY-ONLINE
17 2008-02-23 02:10:56 OK Online
17 2008-02-23 03:57:29 OK Online
17 2008-04-26 03:31:03 Broken Online
17 2008-04-26 03:31:06 OK Online
17 2008-04-26 03:31:30 Broken Online
4. To determine the cause of the status, use the following command:
It shows date, time and batch backing up process status.
SLOT-ID BEGIN-TIME BATCH-REASON BATCH-TIMES TIME-OUT RESULT END-TIME
18 2009-11-19 09:50:42 timeout 40 3600000 sync timeout 2009-11-19 10:50:42
5. Run the following commands using Navigator. For this case pgid refers to the slot id of the main GSCC.
:sm-set-nebusy:0,0,0,0,none; //this command is used to clear the batch backing up status.
:hbu-get-backup-info // to confirm the batch backing up process
The communication between main GSCC board and the standby fails when performing the batch backing up process.
When having main and backup GSCC board, be aware of the batch backing up process, to avoid problems during NE configuration.