Customer network integrates a mixed group of OSN 2500 and (2500+) Metro 3100 are pre-operating normally, one day two OSN 2500 reports NODEID_MM alarm.
- OSN 2500 - OSN 2500 - OSN 2500 (NODEID_MM) - Metro 3100 [id 05-05805_15] - OSN 2500 (NODEID_MM) - OSN 2500 -
OptiX OSN 2500: host 22.214.171.124
OptiX Metro 3100: host 4.12.02.23
404819 82 NODEID_MM MJ start 2010-7-12 21:59:22 None 0x01 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xff
1. From all network elements in the MSPRing, check the node parameters to find Node numbering abnormalities.
2. For an hybrid network like this (2500+ and OSN2500), there is a possibility of false positive NODEID_MM alarm reporting, therefore first suppress the table by
setting RINGMAP process to manual mode, and then set back to automatic mode to eliminate the NODEID_MM alarm.
The corresponding commands are:
NODEID_MM alarm explanation referred in SC0000308960:
Definition: in each segment of the ring, each node needs to specify the local node number, the remote node number, and the West to and the East to node number.
NODEID_MM alarm does not occur mostly when the next two conditions are satisfied:
1) The configuration of any two network element nodes is not repeated.
2) If A and B nodes are adjacent nodes and node A has node B in the West, then in the local node A it should established the node B number as West node number.
Therefore the local node B should establish the A node as East node number.
Automatic mode of RINGMAP process in each node identifies automatically the numbering for east and west number nodes in the whole ring.
Additionally, after verifying these two conditions, we found an errlog event in the Metro 3100 [id 05-05805_15] reported at the same time the two OSN 2500 started the NODEID_MM alarm appeared in both OSN 2500.
#9-15:szhw [05-05805_15][2010-7-13 17:4:10]>
ResetLog:: total reset times = 4
…No.3: 2010-7-12 18:17:52
Automatic mode of RINGMAP process in each node identifies automatically the numbering for east and west number nodes in the whole ring. For a hybrid network
like 2500+ and OSN2500, there is a possibility of false positive NODEID_MM alarm reporting.