The engineer handles the problem according to the analysis results. The procedure is as follows.
1. The engineer checks the data configuration step by step and ensures that the parameters settings are correct. Because the N3SL64 is newly deployed for capacity expansion, there is no service configured on the
2. The engineer changes the version of the T2000 to T2000V200R
3. To locate the faulty NE, the engineer configures an MSP ring on the per-NE basis by using the T2000V200R
? On each NE where MSP configuration fails, the MSP group is composed of an N3SL64 and an N1SLD64.
? On one NE where MSP configuration is successful, the MSP group is composed of two N1SLD64s. On the other two NEs where the MSP configuration is successful, the MSP group is composed of two N3SL64s. That is, the successfully-configured MSP groups are all composed of boards of the same type.
4. According to the processing results, the engineer infers that the problem may be caused by the limitation of the T2000 or NE software. Then, the engineer runs commands to configure an MSP group for the NE that is composed of boards of different types. The engineer successfully maps the first board. When the engineer maps the other board, failed! cmd:0x8525 error:0x9708 NSERR_CFG_BAD_BDTYPE is reported. For details, see attachment 2. The boards of the same type can be mapped successfully. Therefore, the engineer concludes that the problem is caused by the limitation of the NE software.
5. The engineer contacts Huawei, and learns that the N3SL64 is controlled and used only for BT. Therefore, the N3SL64 cannot work with other boards in the same subrack and in the same MSP ring group. In addition, the N4SL16 has the same limitation.
2. Because the N3SL64 is newly deployed for expansion, the version of the T2000 is suspected to be inapplicable to the N3SL64.
3. Due to the limitation of the T2000 or NE software, it is a probability that the N3SL64 cannot compose an MSP group alone or together with other boards.
1. The NE software of V100R008 and later versions (including V100R009) do not allow the N3SL64 to compose an MSP group with other boards.
2. In this case, to locate the problem, the engineer compares the T2000s of different versions, and the T2000s with the Navigator. The troubleshooting method in this case is similar to the substitution method. Therefore, observation, analysis and comparison of the faulty objects are helpful to narrow down the probable scope of a problem.