1. Check hardware connections according to the hardware installation instructions. No improper connection or incorrect connection is found, indicating that hardware connections are correct.
2. Connect the SP serial port to the serial port of a portable computer by using a serial port cable.
3. Log in to the server by using the HyperTerminal.
4. Log in to the server as user root.
5. Run the following commands:
OK>setenv input-device keyboard -Specify keyboard as the input device.
OK>setenv output-device screen -Specify display as the output device.
6. Connect the display, mouse, and keyboard, and run the following command to restart the server:
7. The message "OUT OF FREQUENCE" is displayed if the erratic display fault is rectified. Perform the following steps to change the resolution:
a. Log in to the server through a network port from the HyperTerminal.
b. Run the #cd /usr/sbin/ command to switch the directory.
c. Run the ffbconfig-prconf command to view the current resolution and refresh rate.
d. Run the #fbconfig -dev /dev/fbs/nfb0b -res VESA_STD_1280X1024x60 command to set the resolution and refresh rate.