When trying to perform a manual backup of the database in U200V1R1SPC003, the following error message is reported:
Failed to manually back up the database (Probable cause: The password for user sa of the database is not the same as that in the imap.cfg file; the memory or disk space insufficient; the system maintenance tool is started; an error occurs to the back up process) Error code:1107329123),
Failed to manually back up the database ( Error code:1107329123),
For cause No. 1( The system maintenance tool is not started)
1. Stop MSUite process
2. Start MSUite server process
3. Start MSUIte
4. Perform the database backup using the MSUite.
Note: It is not possible to perform database backup from U2000 client if the MSUite is started.
For the Cause No. 2 (The memory or disk space insufficient)
To check the database disk usage please check the following:
1. Log in the System monitorof the U2000. This window shows the running status of the whole process of the U2000.
2. Select the Database tab and check the database free space column, to check the status of the occupation of the disk assigned to the database of the process. If the occupation is about 100, the system monitor shows in red the information.
3. If the occupation is almost 100% for a process for i.e. nemgr_sdhDB_3577, it is necessary to perform a dump of the logs related with the process.
4. If this operation does not work and the databse space is still 100%, it is necessary to add a new instance to the sub-process that manages the alarmed instance.
To add a new instance to a subsystem and balance the resource assignation for each database you should:
1. Open the MSUite client
2. Select the subsystem tab identify the related Sub-system. i.e. SDH Network Element Management.
3. Right click the subsystem and select add Instance
4. Put the name for the new instance i.e. NEMG_SDH_2 (Try to keep the format of the original instance, just to have a better control). Select OK.
5. Wait until the process is completed
6. Restart al NMS services
7. To check, verify using the Sysmonitor tool whether the new process is created and listed. The new process will have a name with an ID, similar to the process before. i.e:
SDH NE Manager 1222 (New process)
SDH NE Manager 5354 (Old process)
To balance the load of the partition;
8. Choose Administration > Settings > NE Partition from the Main Menu.
In the left-hand pane, select a subnode and the NE name and other information of the subnode are displayed in the right-hand pane.
9. In the information area of the right-hand pane, select the NE name that is newly created.
10. Click the Move to button in the lower-right corner and the Ne transfer dialog box is displayed.
11. Select the names of one or more destination NEs, and click Confirm.
12. The Move NE dialog box is displayed. A progress bar is displayed. When the progress bar shows 100%, it indicates that migration is complete.
1. The system maintenance tool is not started
2. The memory or disk space insufficient
Two of most common causes of the database backup process failure is that the MSuite is opened or the database space of one instance is full.
In the case when the database space is full, it is necessary to create a new instance for the subsystem where there is the space occupation problem. Then, is necessary to balance the load of each process using the NE partition function of the U2000.