SBC2300 interconnect with Cisco router via optical GE interface, SBC2300 GE port is up, but port in cisco route side is down.
the link act light in Cisco router is off but optical power meter can detect laser from the patch cord.
1. change SFP in cisco router, the port still down.
2. change to other router, the port still down.
3. compare cisco configuration and port state with SBC port configuration and state. find their negotiation mode is different. change SBC GE port negotiation mode to AUTO. problem fixed.
If optical GE port can receive the laser, then normally, the port will consider itself is ok.
1. since optical power meter can detect laser and the laser power match with the standard, it means the patch cord is ok, and SBC sending is ok. 2.CISCO SFP fail.
3. Cisco interface board fail.
3. other reason.
optical GE configed as FULL-DUPLEX will cause problem when only fibre fail.
optical GE port negotiation mode shoule be configed as AUTO.