Inquiry of E1 characteristic of feeding clock sync to Node B.
1. E1 from OSN have re-timing function which can help E1 trace the clock even it is in free running mode. If the OSN and RNC equipment clock is same, we can let the E1 to trace the clock of OSN equipment.
as example, can use this command to set
such as the N1PQ1 is 4, use the first 1 vc12, we can set like this
Then the E1 signal will trace the clock of OSN equipment.
2. OSN N2PQ1 is running on code pattern HDB3 which can carry the 2MHz sync info from the E1 signal regardless frame or unframed.
3. 2MHz sync or 2Mbps sync info is come from source of RNC if OSN not activate with re-timing function. If the source is 2MHz sync, it will carry 2MHz sync info to Node B. If the source is 2Mbps sync it will carry 2Mbps sync info to Node B.
1. Customer need clafication on how OSN3500 feed the E1 clock sync to Node B instead from RNC. OSN 3500 the middle between RNC and Node B.
2. Normally clock sync is trace from RNC and pass through transparently in OSN but OSN have re-timing function to let E1 to trace the clock of OSN equipment.
1. Take clock sync from RNC with pass through transparently in OSN is better. OSN can use as line or services provider. Also easy to trace if any clock failure.