Link name: Site A to F (A-B-C-D-E-F)
Problem Site Name: D(OSN 3800) & F(OSN 6800)
Equipment type: OSN 6800 & 3800 ; Version:V100R005C00SPC800(5.51.06.14)
NMS type: U2000 V001R002
1. From site A we were able to login to site C, but were unable to login to site D and the subsequent sites.
2. We did not recieve any OSC_LOS or OSC_RDI alarm at site C and there was no alarm on the SC2 card of site C.
3. optical power recieved on the SC2 card at site C from site D end was normal.
No alarms observed at site C end
1. Since no alarms were observed on the SC2 card at site C from site D end, and recieved optical power was normal,we ruled out the possibility of fiber cut between site C and site D.
2. We cross-checked the NEID,IP & subnet mask of site D site,to check if we were using the correct ID,IP & subnet. It was OK.
3. Then we physically disconnected the patchcord of TX port of SC2 card at site D towards site C, and we got OSC_LOS alarm at site C SC2 card. Once we reconnected the patchcord, the OSC_LOS alarm cleared.Then we physically
disconnected the patchcord of the RX port of the SC2 card at site D, and we recieved an OSC_RDI alarm at SC2 card in site C.Once we reconnected the patchcord, the OSC_RDI alarm cleared. Hence SC2-SC2 connectivity between site C and site D was OK.
4. We then instructed local engineer at site D to local login using Optix Navigator software and check the ECC status.
5. The commands entered were :cm-get-lanautoecc; and cm-get-ecccrc;
6. For :cm-get-lanautoecc; command the status displayed was 'Open', so it was ok.But for cm-get-ecccrc; command the status displayed was 'Closed', which was the reason why we were unable to remote login.
7. After using the command :cm-set-ecccrc:open; the status then displayed 'Open',
after which we were able to remote login to site D from site A.
8. The same method was used at site F and then we were able to remote login to site F from site A.
ECC route needed to be opened through Optix Navigator commands,for remote login to the OSN 3800 and 6800 at site D & site F resp.
If the ECCCRC or LANAUTOECC status is in closed state we will not be able to remote login the equipment.The status has to be made open using the commands:
Suggestion:These commands must be run and checked at the time of local commissioning of site to avoid revisits.