Large number of NE IP was not automatically changed accordingly to NE ID.
This phenomenon is happen after a case of upgrading a number of RTN in the warehouse, which involve using FTP method which is not recommended. We only notice it after deploying mass NE in region and
adding to the NMS.
(Please download attachment as for the example screenshot)
1. I will use NE ID 5038 :- Gateway IP 10.224.6.1 as example
Firstly login to GNE of 10.224.6.1 using Navigator
2. After login to GNE, type “:cm-get-coreroute” ? this command is to obtain the DCN route connected to the GNE.
(view attachment for screenshot)
The column highlighted in red is the NE ID in hexadecimal.
The column highlighted in blue is the NE management IP in hexadecimal.
The column highlighted in green is the distance it connected to this NE.
3. By default, all the left NE ID in hexadecimal should be aligned with the right management IP.
Both should be the same except for GNE as the management IP for GNE is connected to external DCN switch.
4. If not non-GNE NE ID not aligned with the management IP after checking, please change it.
To change in navigator follow the below :-
Taken the example of your question below which is converting 0x000913ae to NE ID.
Navigator has a calculator under “Tools>calculator” or CTL-M for shortcut key.
Just put in the NE ID hexadecimal in the highlighted box, and enter. It will show the NE ID for it.
5. Proceed login to the NE ID 5038 to proceed to change the management IP.
6. Change the IP address with this command “cm-get-ip:X.X.X.X”, replace X.X.X.X with the correct management ip address.
In this example, just type “:cm-set-ip:188.8.131.52”
7. Login back to GNE, and use “cm-get-coreroute” command to check the changes. It should reflect almost immediately if the distance is near.
I recommend don’t manually set the IP because this management IP is important for management purposes.