Q: how to initiate the SCC database in OSN6800 .
If you have to replace a SCC unit in OSN6800 but you do not have a new spare part board,
frist you should initiate the database by four DIP switches.
Attached you can find the detailed Table with the exact meaning of all DIP switch positions and Jumper settings.
Hold the SCC showing with his front to the left and you will find the DIP switch "SW1" is in the upper left corner located.
"0000" = Setting the software to normal running status.
"1011" = Database will be deleted and will stay in BIOS status
1) Plug out the board which you want to use as spare part and check if SW1 is "0000"
2) Change the DIP switch to "1011" and insert the SCC again in its OSN 6800
3) After you insert the SCC into the NE, you will see that the fan speed will become slower and board software status indicator (PROG) become green color (blinking
slowly), all other indicators are off (POWER is on too). It will take some minutes during the SCC board erases the database. Afterwards the database is deleted and
the board will stay in the BIOS status.
4) Please pull out the SCC and switch back to "0000"
5) The Communication Parameters and NE ID of the initiated board did not change, you can still reach it under its original Communication Parameters and/or ext.ID
+ NE ID!
Many customers did not know how to replace a SCC successfully that is why it is necessary to share this important steps. Please refer to the attached document to
see all other DIP switch positions and Jumper settings.