In an STM-16 network it is observed that LSR_WILL_DIE alarm is appearing on numbers of O16D boards in the network and the alarm gets clear after passage of some time.
1. Usually the alarm LSR_WILL_DIE indicate that the optical model is faulty but to replace the optical module in the network is not possible as this alarm is appearing on numbers of NE's.
2. We replace the optical module of one site and then check the status, alarm gets clear but after some time alarm appear again.
3. Issue escalated to GTAC.
4. After analysing the data by R&D it was found that the temperature of optical module is very high, almost up to 85℃. With the higher temperature of optical module, the optical module will enhance the bias current, and it's performance will go bad. So the temperature is the potential cause of the alarm LSR_WILL_DIE.
5 15m 2011-08-02 21:00:00 ospitmpmax 1 1 858
5 15m 2011-08-02 21:00:00 ospitmpmax 2 1 860
5. It was also tested in lab and below are it's findings,
After testing in lab, the Ne reports alarm LSR_WILL_DIE when temperature of optical module is high.
The upper threshold of temperature is 70 C for the optical module. But onsite the temperature is about 86 C,so it report the alarm.
6. After maintaining the environment temperature LSR_WILL_DIE alarm gets clear.
1. Optical module is faulty.
2. Fault in SCB board.
Keep the environment of site as per the standard values as sugested by Huawei.