Product version: imanager N2000 BMS V200R008B01D031
Customer informed the N2000 cannot backup to hard disk and tape by automatic and manually. The process of database backup process is intermittent. sometime process show normal and sometimes stopped. Further information please refer to the attachment.
Database Backup Process is stopped.
1) Checked the database backup process is already started.
2) Checked the space for database is remaining 60%
3) Checked from support website, cannot find any related notes for this backup failed issue.
4) After RND checking on the N2000 server by remotely, found some parameter setting is mismatch for databse of sysbase 12.0. The root cause is due to the long time used of operation causes the default parameter setting mismatch with the current server running enviroment and software enviroment. The problem solved after modified some parameter setting as below:
sp_configure "min online engines", 8
sp_configure "max online engines", 8
sp_configure "total memory", 1920000
sp_configure "procedure cache percent", 20
sp_configure "number of open objects", 20000
sp_configure "number of open indexes", 20000
sp_cacheconfig “default data cache”, “2048m”
sp_poolconfig “default data cache”, “1024m”,”16k”,”2k”
Remark: The modification of parameter setting for database must get review by RND
1) The database backup process is not start.
2) Hard disk for database space is full.
3) The software bug for N2000 BMS.