Customer cannot synchronize any device at the network, when he add new device, device panel cannot be viewed.
N2000 V200R012C05SPC030 Windows 2003 platform
1. FTP was not enabled on the server, so I enabled it by installing FTP server program on the Server then added it to xFTP watcher, however, problem not solved.
2. check SNMP configuration on device, I noticed that traps are sent to IP 172.16.16.1, while server IP is 10.10.10.1
3. customer informed us that there is firewall between NEs and N2000, IP range of NEs and firewall interface facing them is 172.16.x.x, while network 10.10.10.x is between Firewall and N2000.
4. When making backup configuration of NE to N2000 through FTP on IP 172.16.16.1, backup succeed.
5. When making backup configuration of NE to N2000 through FTP on IP 10.10.10.1, backup failed.
6. I concluded that FTP is masked for IP 10.10.10.1
7. If xftp watcher NAT is not configured, N2000 server will send IP 10.10.10.1 to NE to use for synchronization, so sync will fail.
8. xFTP NAT is designed for such case, we configured $N2000\server\conf\xftp_mapping.cfg using below line, problem solved
Causes for such problem can be:
1. FTP is not configured correctly on the server.
2. xFTP watcher is not configured.
3. SNMP communities on device are not consistent between NE and BMS.
4. Firewall blocks FTP packets between BMS and NEs.
Checking Topolgy is very important, don't assume anything whiel troubleshooting.