SNMP NBI instance was created on U2000. The SNMP agent process was running and the packets was captured at the same time. But we cannot see SNMP packets when we open the captured packets via Wireshark(see attached SNMPtest1.pcap).
1. Check SNMP configuration and everything is right.
2. Filter the IP of U2000 server and found that the source port(982) and sink port(6666) are the same as in SNMP configuration(see attached SNMP1.jpg, SNMP2.jpg and SNMP3.jpg). But the protocol is UDP. This is SNMP packet also?
3. Check <U2000 Northbound SNMP Interface User Guid> and found: SNMP is a protocol used at the application layer and acts as a part of TCP/IP protocol family.It is carried on UDP. (see attached SNMP Protocol.jpg).
4. So this UDP message should include SNMP message. Right click on this message. Select Decode as...(see attached SNMP decode as.JPG), and then select SNMP in the pop up window(see attached Decode as SNMP.JPG), click OK, you will see this message is decoded as SNMP protocol mesage(see attached After decode.JPG).
1. There is no SNMP packets because the SNMP configuration has problem.
2. SNMP is carried on another protocol. We cannot see SNMP packets directly.