in Z network, the Network NMS is Single Server U2000 V100R005C00SPC603
, the server info is SunOS NMSserver 5.10 Generic_142900-14 sun4v sparc SUNW, SPARC-Enterprise-T5220.
when trying to update the server with the patch CP6132 , the patch installation always failed.
the patch used for installation is:
below is the error message when trying to start the patch installation:
1. Use Ueasy to double check the system health before update. it is normal.
2. Use MD5 code Check tool to confirm the downloaded software package integrity. it is match.
3. Use Msuit to Sync Network information , then try the patch installation again , still fail.
4. Open the file " /opt/U2000/server/etc/conf/imap.cfg"
5. In this file , the version info is still SPC601 , although the system was updated to SPC603 before:
6. Modify the imap file by changing the version info to u2000v100r005C00SPC603 per below steps:
a. Stop NMS.
b. #cd /opt/U2000/server/etc/conf.
c. #rm imap.cfg.
d. Upload modified imap.cfg file to /opt/U2000/server/etc/conf using ASCI mode.
e. #cd /opt/U2000/server/etc/conf
f. #chmod 755 imap.cfg
g. #chown nmsuser:nmsgroup imap.cfg
7. Use Msuit to Sync Network information.
8. Run the patch installation again, it was Ok Now.