U2000 Version: V1R5C00SPC603
VC12 service was created after the VC4 server trail created between two sites. There is no other up normal alarms regarding optical power. Tx and Rx optical power between the links through which the service pass through are normal. But all the NEs related the service route reported HP_UNEQ alarm.
Service route: Dambulla_1-- Dambulla Main--Hunnas---Kurunegala---Kadawatha_4---UPL8800---Kulugamana_2---Mathale--- Akurana.
1) VC4 Inloop was set in Dambulla-1, Alarms were cleared. It indicated that there were no issues with the that NE.
2) VC4 outloop was set in the Line card in dambulla which is toward to Dambulla_1. Alarms were cleared. It was confirmed there were no issues in the link.
3) As mentioned previously, all the links were tested using loop back.
4) It was identified that Loopback including the link KALA8800--- Kulugamana_2 was not successful.
5) Tx and Rx power of 4 fibers (LMSP) between the link is Ok. So J0 byte was used to check the fiber connection. It was noted there is a mismatch between the Sent J0 byte from Kulugamana_2 to received J0 byte in KALA8800. Mismatch was identified in all four fibers in the NMS. Matching bytes were identified in different fibers. So there was the problem in logical fiber created in NMS.
6) Logical fibers in the NMS were deleted and new logical fibers were created as identified via J0 overhead bytes. Then alarm was cleared.
Precautions and unsolved bugs were checked for all the NE versions which are reporting HP_UNEQ alarm. There were no any software problems for HP_UNEQ for particular software versions .
HP_UNEQ indicates that upstream NEs are not transparently transmitting the unloaded services to local stations. Whereas HP_RDI indicates that the services at the remote station are interrupted. It is obvious there should be path problem in service route.
Before the service configuration,
Use the “Detect Link” method in the U2000 to check the fiber consistency.
If fail, use the J0 bytes to check the Tx bytes of local end and Rx bytes of opposite end are consistent.
(NOTE: There are chances to change the fibers by others in site after you create them in NMS without your knowledge)