|During the test on the interconnection between the T8000 blade server and Nortel 8600 switch at a deployment site, the customer's technical contact person and Huawei authorized service center have commissioned for three days, but the terminal of the maintenance network segment VLAN 63 cannot ping through the management IP addresses of the blade server and switch board, and even other servers connected to the Nortel switch cannot communicate with the T8000 blade server.|
1) Configure the Nortel switch.
According to the opinions of the filed delivery personnel and Nortel switch maintenance personnel, the Nortel switch is configured as follows:
Port 7/27 of the Nortel switch corresponds to the T8000 switch board and should be set a Trunk port. The default VLAN is 63.
2. Configure the T8000 switch board.
View the information about the ports of the switch board base plane:
Logic-Port Description Unit Physical-Port
G0/01 NULL 00 00
G0/02 Connect to CMM(right) 00 01
G0/03 Slot 14 00 02
G0/04 Slot 1 00 03
G0/05 Slot 13 00 04
G0/06 Slot 2 00 05
G0/07 Slot 12 00 06
G0/08 Slot 3 00 07
G0/00 Slot 7 00 00
G0/00 Slot 8 00 00
G0/09 LAN 0 00 08
G0/10 LAN 1 00 09
G0/11 LAN 2 00 10
G0/12 LAN 3 00 11
G0/13 Slot 11 01 00
G0/14 Slot 4 01 01
G0/15 Slot 10 01 02
G0/16 Slot 5 01 03
G0/17 Slot 9 01 04
G0/18 Slot 6 01 05
G0/19 BASE to BASE 01 06
G0/20 Connect to CMM(left) 01 07
G0/21 Connect to FC 01 08
G0/22 Connect to GE 01 09
G0/23 NULL 01 10
G0/24 Front LAN 01 11
As shown on the previous screen, G0/9 is a Trunk port connecting to the Nortel switch and the PVID is set to 63. G0/3-8 and G0/13-18 are all the ports of blade servers. These ports need to be added to the VLAN202 (planned service VLAN). Set an IP address for VLAN63 to facilitate the switch board management.
3. G0/19 is the expansion port of the two switch boards. Therefore, the Trunk function also needs to be enabled.
4. To prevent loops, the STP needs to be enabled.
5. Generally, it is recommended that G0/9-12 be bound with link-aggregation. Because there is no online service involved, port binding can be handled by the personnel in the authorized service center in the subsequent operation.