How to Troubleshoot the Fault that the S5100 Storage Device Fails to be Powered on?
Publication Date: 2012-07-20 |
Views: 379 |
Downloads: 0 |
Author: anliku |
Document ID: EKB1000009867
1. System information:
On a new deployment site of the S5100, the device version is V300R001C01B028.
2. Fault symptom:
On the Web page of the S5100, there are only System and Fault menus and alarm ID6113 exists, indicating that the system fails to be powered on.
3. For details about the fault, refer to the logs and power-on failure messages in the attachment.
Step 1 Power off the S5100, exchange the locations of the four coffer disks and other four disks, and restart the system. The fault is rectified.
Step 2 Label the redefined coffer disks.
1. Coffer disks are inserted into wrong slots or inaccurately labeled before delivery.
2. Coffer disks are offline or faulty.
3. At least three coffer disks fail to read the DB.
1. For a new deployment of the S5100, you can choose any four disks to replace coffer disks and insert them in slots 0 to 4.
2. After the S5100 is configured, do not change the coffer disk locations at will. Disks in slots 0 to 3 store the DB information. Disks in slots 0 and 1 have the mirror relationship and disks in slots 2 and 3 have the mirror relationship.