Failed to add a certain type of NEs such as the Eudemon 8000Es on the VSM. When the auto-discovery function is used, the VSM identifies a device of this type as a third-party NE. When the manual adding function is used, the system prompts that the NE type is incorrect.
Step 1 Ensure that the VSM has enough licenses of this type of NEs.
1. Log in to the VSM client.
2. On the menu bar, choose Help > License Management > License Information.
3. In the License Information dialog box, select Resource Control Item.
4. Check the number of licenses consumed by NEs.
Check the information entries of this type of NEs. Check the corresponding License Capacity and License Consumprion to ensure that there are enough licenses.
Step 2 Ensure that this type of NEs has been registered with the VSM of the current version.
1. Right-click in the topology view and choose New > NE on the shortcut menu.
2. On the Object Type tree of the Create NE dialog box, check the NE types registered with the VSM.
If this type of NEs is not registered with the VSM, upgrade the VSM to enable the VSM to manage this type of NEs.
Step 3 If the problem persists, contact Huawei Symantec technical support engineers.