1. For Cause 1:
1. Run the display users all command to display the online users.
[Eudemon]display users all
User-Intf Delay Type NetworkAddress AuthenSta ACF Username
0 CON 0 Unspecified
2 TTY 2 Unspecified
354 VTY 0 01:27:41 TEL 184.108.40.206 pass no Unspecified
355 VTY 1 02:27:46 TEL 220.127.116.11 pass no Unspecified
356 VTY 2 03:19:32 TEL 18.104.22.168 pass no Unspecified
357 VTY 3 01:15:43 TEL 22.214.171.124 pass no Unspecified
358 VTY 4 00:00:00 TEL 126.96.36.199 pass no root
359 VTY 5 Unspecified
360 VTY 6 Unspecified
361 VTY 7 Unspecified
362 VTY 8 Unspecified
363 VTY 9 Unspecified
364 VTY 10 Unspecified
365 VTY 11 Unspecified
366 VTY 12 Unspecified
367 VTY 13 Unspecified
368 VTY 14 Unspecified
2. Check whether all the VTY lines are occupied. If all the VTY lines are occupied, force a user off and try again.
3. For Cause 3:
1. Display the privilege level of the user as follows:
[Eudemon]display current-configuration | include root
local-user root password simple admin
local-user root service-type telnet
local-user root level 1
root is the user name for the VSM to log in to the NE.
level 1 is the privilege level of the user, which is 1 in this example. Logging in to the NE requires privilege 3 or higher.
2. Escalate the privilege level of the user to level 3.
[Eudemon-aaa]local-user root level 3
4. If the problem persists, contact Huawei Symantec technical support engineers.
Cause 1: The Telnet or STelnet parameter settings on the VSM and the NEs are not the same.
Cause 2: The number of online users logged in to the NE has reached the upper limit. Therefore, the VSM cannot log in to the NE.
Cause 3: The user is unauthorized to log in to the NE and therefore cannot obtain the current settings of the NE, causing the failure of NE synchronization.