The password of a VSM user is forgotten.
Step 1 Perform the following steps to restore the password for a VSM super user admin:
1. In the SecurityDB database, query the tbl_User table for the password of the admin user with the following statement:
select Password from SecurityDB.dbo.tbl_User where UserName = 'admin'
2. Send the obtained password to Huawei Symantec engineers who will then submit the password to related engineers for decryption.
Step 2 Perform the following steps to restore the password for a non-super user. You must apply to the super user admin for password restoration. Upon receiving the application, the super user admin can reset the password of the applicant on the NMS User Management tab page.
1. Log in to a VSM client as the admin user.
2. Choose Administration > NMS Security > NMS User Management from the Main Menu.
3. On the NMS User Management tab page, select the user whose password needs to be re-set, right-click, and then choose Reset Password from the shortcut menu.
4. In the Reset Password dialog box, enter a new password.