Customer N8300 site deployment, dual engine, S5500 as backend storage, S5500 buzzer issue warning voice when powered on for debugging. It is showed that port 02 on controller A receives low optical power, optical module parameters out of normal range.
1. Replace the optical-fiber, the fault remains.
2. Replace optical module of the warning port in controller, the fault remains.
3. Exchange the optical-fiber connected to port00 and port02 on controller A, port02 resumed to normal and port00 report optical signal except.
4. HBA card interface in NAS fault is the cause.
5. Replace the HBA card, the fault is solved.
NAS engine and backend storage are direct connected with optical-fiber. Optical module except may be caused by SFP module exception or optical-fiber quality issue or HBA card port failure.
As NAS engine and backend storage are direct connected with optical-fiber, when optical signal receiving exception, all optical module, optical-fiber, NAS engine HBA card should be inspected.