The SPS system breakdown when set an office site. internal network user can not connect to the internet. The networking is that:
So ask R&D colleague take the file bin to the on-site, then complete the appload update. Reset SPS-1, and display connect SRS successfully. Web page display the status is normal operation. Finally, this two SPS are in normal and the problem solved.
• By the preliminary diagnose, the reason is that a testing engineer configured a wrong gateway on the web between two SPS. SPS loaded the wrong web configuration after reboot, so the gateway was changed and the SRS router is not available. But it not the correct reason for the problem after examine. So go along the other back-check:
• 1. Log in to SPS-2 by serial port on-site. Using the command ipset configure the ip address and mask on the console interface. Using the command gwset configure gateway 192.168.19.18. Be attention to this two command format at HyperTerminal
• 2. Using web confirm the ip address is 192.168.19.21, the mask is 22.214.171.124 and the gateway is 192.168.19.18 on the console interface configuration of SPS-1.
• 3. Reset SPS-2 on-site, and display that connect SPS successfully. Web page display the status is normal operation and ok.
• 4. Log in to SPS-1 by serial port on-site. Using the command ipset configure the ip address and mask on the console interface. Using the command gwset configure gateway 192.168.19.18.
• 5. Using web configure the ip address is 192.168.19.20 , the mask is 126.96.36.199 and the gateway is 192.168.19.18 on the console interface configuration of SPS-1.
• 6. Reset SPS-1 on-site. When it runs to DM Cfg Init OK!..., stop working, and display that SRS connection failure（CONNECT Failed, SRS IP = c0a80ea7 Port = 5009）.
The fault displays that in detail:
The License ID is 23463585 ( 0x16606a1 )
Can not use force mode.
0x8f982440 (root): rtinit: wrong ifa (8ff061f8) was (8ff05d54)
SYS initialize OK!...
Initial message stack Succ!..
Initial message stack OK!..
Task tk_OMALink Start
Start OMA Initializing .....
Task tk_OMAProc Start
sbe(0) link speed: AutoNeg 1000BASE-T Full-Duplex0x8f982440 (root): Detect interface 1 init ok sbe(1) link speed: AutoNeg 1000BASE-T Full-Duplex0x8f982440 (root): Detect interface 2 init ok Detect interface init ok DM Cfg Init OK!...
After reduplicative examination, the fault is also exit. Perhaps the board hardware is broken. Or when someone updates the SPS, reboot before the file have not update completely, as a result of broking the file bin.
We must spare enough time to update device when update the device, and insure the whole update file loading completely before reset the device. We can not have the idea that it is not a big deal that we start all over again when break the environment, like in our company. So this need our testing engineer have a good habit. Once enter the customer’s environment, we should be very cautious.