8620MCU, is equipped with MMPU*2、FAPU16、FAPU8、MVPA*2、E16、STU、IOMX、MPCP、MPSP*7. E1 network and 17 conference sites.
Failure description: IOMX board cannot be detected.
IOMX board red light steady on, but this board is not discovered in local management branch system configuration. In system diagnosis, it is yellow, and the board has configured data but cannot be detected.
1. Reset, remove and insert IOMX board, reboot host. The fault remains.
2. Replace it with a new IOMX board, reboot host, the fault remains. It is not caused by IOMX board.
3. It may be failure of communication with main MMPU, remove active MMPU board and let standby MMPU board work, the fault remains and not is caused by communication failure. Insert active MMPU board back and reboot. (Data in MMPU is refreshed)
4. Insert IOMX board to 9th slot and reboot host. The IOMX board is recognized in 8th slot, the alarm information remains.
5. Insert IOMX board back to 8th slot and reboot host, the alarm light is off. (Host data stored on MMPU board synchronize with IOMS board)
It could be IOMX board failure or IOMX slot failure that causes communication failure. According to technology support engineer, host data stored in MMPU board do not accord with actual configuration, which cause the board cannot be detected.
After any operation on 8620, execute the operation of update host data to synchronize information stored on MMPU board and information on actual boards.