In VTL console navigation, when we use the import/export function of tape, it can’t realize the import/export between visual tape and physical tape.
Reason 1. The capability of visual tape and physical tape are not match.
1. If it warns “end-of-media-hit” error when import/export fails, it means the capability of visual tape and physical tape are not match. We need to create a new visual tape which is match with the physical tape.
2. If using data compression, please make sure the real capability of visual tape and physical tape are match, not the capability after compressing.
Reason 2. The physical tape is not normal.
1. Make sure if the physical tape driver need to clear or need to move to the appropriate place.
2. Examine the event log or the system log (/var/log/message in Linux), make sure there is no error information about physical tape or driver.
3. Examine the element address in physical tape, make sure the visual tape driver is distributed according to the element address in physical tape.
The reason of can’t realize tape import/export function may be as below, we need to investigate one by one:
1. The capability of visual tape and physical tape are not match.
2. The physical tape is not normal.