After input username and password in VSM client login interface, fail to login normally.
Step 1 if there is prompt information, according to the prompt information to make fault positioning and recovery.
Step 2 check whether the server start normally. To ensure the server start normally and the server disk space is not full.
Step 3 in VSM server select "help > License management > License information", check License permission client number.
If the client number waiting to login is beyond the License client number allowed, please login after wait for the resource release, or apply and update VSM License again.
Step 4 check and repair the ODBC data source configuration in VSM server. Specific methods please refer to step 3 that system prompt login database failure operation.
Step 5 check whether the client and the server version is consistent, if it is not consistent, replace the client consistent with server version and try to login again.
Step 6 check whether the communication protocol used by client and server is consistent. If don't agree, need to modify to be the same communication protocol.
1. At the server command window, execute ssl_adm -cmd query command, check the server communication mode.
2. Double click shortcut icon "VSM client" on the system desktop, pop-up "login" dialog box.
3. Click "..." , select server waiting to login in the pop-up "server list" dialog box, and click "modify".
4. In the pop-up "modify server information" dialog box, modify "mode" to be the value find the steps 6.1, and click the "ok".
5. Click "ok".
6. In the "login" dialog box, enter "username" and "password", and click "login".
Step 7 check client and server network condition.
Usually require the communication bandwidth at least 2 mbit/s between the client and server, packet loss rate lower than 0.1%.
L in Windows, execute the following command to check the network condition between client and server:
> ping - t network management server IP address
Step 8 check whether the port of client and server is shielded by firewall or virus. If the client installed in the server computer can login server, but all the other remote clients can not login, please check the port and firewall Settings.
Step 9 check whether the server set up the client access control.
The server can set the client IP allowed to access, but can't access if it is not in the allowed range. If the network communication between client and the server used NAT o make network IP address translation, please ensure that the IP address after translation set to allow access in the access control list.
Step 10 if use a same user to login and continuous failed more than three times, will lead to the user login permission be locked.
After wait for 30 minutes (the default value is 30 minutes) login again or by the users have unlock permissions such as admin user to unlock.
Step 11 check whether the operating system date is the current time, if it is not the current date, please modify the system time.
Step 12 check server memory size, when server memory is less than 8G, the DS memory upper bound is 512M, will lead to the client connection number more than 10, unable to login. The specific methods please refer to the case when login client prompt to reach the maximum number of connection.
Step 13 if the problem is still not solved, please contact Technical Support engineer.
The following reasons may lead to VSM client unable to login:
1. VSM server fault.
2. License allows client to limit quantity.
3. when the server installed in the Windows operating system, VSM server ODBC data source configuration error or have no configuration.
4. client and server version is not consistent.
5. the communication protocol client and server used are not consistent.
6. the client and the server network problem.
7. the port of client and server is shielded by firewall or virus.
8. set up the system access control list.
9. client login user is locked, maybe as login error too many times.
10. the client operating system time is wrong.
11. server memory is too small, limit the access client number.