Software version: N8000V1R1SPC02 and N8000V1R1SPC02
Client operating system: Windows XP SP2
After the Homedir share is configured and the user uses the corresponding IP address to access the shared files, the client displays a blue screen when the user opens the shared directory.
There are three solutions:
Solution 1: Advise the customer to upgrade the Windows XP operating system and install the SP3 patch.
Solution 2: Do as follows to reconfigure the Homedir share:
1. Log in to the NAS server as user support and access the /var/lib/nfs/sm/links/LOCAL directory.
N8500HS_01:/var/lib/nfs/sm/links/LOCAL # cd user01/
N8500HS_01:/var/lib/nfs/sm/links/LOCAL/user01 # ll
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root Xmaster 234 May 27 03:30 user01 -> msdfs:\_home1$,18.104.22.168\_home1$,22.214.171.124\_home1$,126.96.36.199\_home1$,188.8.131.52\_home1$,184.108.40.206\_home1$,220.127.116.11\_home1$,18.104.22.168\_home1$,22.214.171.124\_home1$,126.96.36.199\_home1$,188.8.131.52\_home1$
2. Run the rm -F * command to delete all user information in the /var/lib/nfs/sm/links/LOCAL directory.
N8500HS_01:/var/lib/nfs/sm/links/LOCAL/ # rm -F *
3. Reconfigure the Homedire share and restart the CIFS service.
4. Reconfigure the global quota and restart the CIFS service.
Solution 3: Upgrade the N8000. The corresponding version is not released. For more information, read related release notes.
After the Homedir share is configured, the user continues to configure the quota rather than restarting the CIFS service immediately. In this case, a Windows XP SP2 bug is triggered. As a result, the client displays a blue screen or restarts. For example,
N8500HS.CIFS> server status
CIFS Status on N8500HS_01 : ONLINE
CIFS Status on N8500HS_02 : ONLINE
Security : user
N8500HS.CIFS> set homedirfs fs02
Global option updated. Note: Restart the CIFS server.
# The user configures the quota rather than restarting the CIFS service.
N8500HS.CIFS> homedir set user01 local 200m
N8500HS.CIFS> server start
Starting CIFS Server.....Success.
In this case, the client displays a blue screen when accessing the Homedir share.
1. Advise the customer to upgrade the Windows XP to the SP3 version.
2. If the customer refuses to upgrade the operating system, require the customer to restart the CIFS service when configuring the Homedir share.