Community string configuration problem leads to S9300 prints a great lot of snmp abnormal alarm
Device print information is as follows:
Mar 23 2010 16:41:13 JDZ_IDC_S9306 %%01SNMP/4/COMMUNITY_ERR(l): Failed to login
through SNMP, because the community was incorrect. (Ip=126.96.36.199, Times=1)
1. It configured reading community string only, check over and over, it is identical between community string and network management server, and the server can read the information from this device.
2. debugging snmp packet, it is identical that debug out packet IP address and alarming information. debar the IP address problem.
3. Confirm with user, it used third party network management server, and it did not differentiate reading and writing community string function, check S9300 configuration, it only configured reading community string function, alarm information disappeared after configured the writing community string function.
1. Community string configuration failure
2. Alarming IP address is not the corresponding network management server address.
3. Third party network management configuration failure.
Some of network management server did not differentiate reading and writing community string function, when the switch only configured reading community string function, it will alarm like this when network management do the writing operation for switch.