At a certain site, the product is S5600T, the number 8 disk of the number 2 cascading enclosure is showing there is a single-link fault all the while.
1. Replace the hard disk, and make sure it’s well;
2. Replace the fiber module, and make sure the link is well;
3. Collect the fault logs and sends it to the research for analysis, after locating it onsite, exchange the two cascading boards and there is still a single-link fault on the number 8 disk, the disk is well. Take apart the interface board, we find a capacitor on the circuit card which directed to the number 8 disk has fallen during its production or installation, then we replace the cascading board, the fault has been solved.
The reasons of the single-link fault:
1. The hard disk problem in the single-link fault enclosure;
2. The cascading board problem in the single-link fault enclosure;
3. The backend link fault.
When meeting the single-link fault, we should analyze the source of the fault, refer to the correlative cases and query to the research, the researchers have full experiences to solve this kind of fault, they can improve the speed to solve the fault.