A certain project takes the N8500 four nodes NAS engine, as needed to update the backend storage version, the services corresponding with the NAS must be stopped firstly.
Login in the master node via the “master” user, after stopping the CIFS, FTP, NFS and some other services, execute the file system’s offline operations, but the system notice that the file system has being accessed by a FTP service.
The referred versions: N8000 UAP customized version (V1R2 branch version)
According to the analysis of the phenomena, consider each of the causes concretely, locate the fault and finally resolve it.
1. Execute the “ft server stop” repeatedly, the system’s feedback is “success” all the time. However, execute the “fs offline” command later, they system notice that the file system still has being accessed by a FTP service;
2. Restart the CIFS and NFS service which have been stopped early, then execute the command to stop the FTP service firstly, later, execute the command to stop the CIFS and NFS, and finally execute the “fs offline”, then comes the same phenomena;
3. Check the operation steps, there is no requirement for the order of stopping the service, as long as to execute the “fs offline” after stopping the service, there is no problem;
4. Query to the research engineer, confirm that the FTP of the UAP version has this fault, besides to execute the command to stop the FTP service, the ftp user must be deleted firstly, then the file system can be offline via executing the “fs offline” command. After updating the storage version, add the ftp user again.
5. Execute the command “ftp user delete ftp” , delete the ftp user firstly, then execute “fs offline test”, the file system has been offline successfully. The problem has been resolved.
According to the onsite condition and phenomena, we consider the following possible causes:
1. The ftp service hasn’t stopped
2. The order of the services stopping
3. The operating steps;
4. The versions.
The usage condition of the UAP customized version is not common, in fact, the above problem in this project is a BUG of this version