Product and version:
•S5500T V100R001 V100R002
•S5600T V100R001 V100R002
•S5800T V100R001 V100R002
•S6800T V100R001 V100R002
The operating system of the application server: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise X86 Edition
Double-click the shortcut icon of the multiple paths on the desktop, but the multiple path management interface can’t be opened, try it many times and it doesn’t work.
1. Enter into the “start > management tool >service”;
2. Start the WMI service manually, as the figure 1 displayed:
Figure 1. Start the WMI service
Double-click the shortcut icon of the multiple paths, there will eject the interface after 40 seconds.
4. If the problem hasn’t been settled through the above steps, uninstall the multiple paths software and reinstall it.
1. Open the system service, check the service status of the WMI, we find it is stopped.
2. We can’t obtain the system’s kernel information via checking the “WMI Tool” tool.
3. Due to the WMI service stopping abnormally, the multiple paths software can’t access the system’s kernel information, and it can’t complete the initialization of the interface, and finally causes it can’t be opened.
1. Make sure the WMI service is in the open status.
2. When there are too many LUN mappings from the device to the host, it needs to spend a certain time to ejecting the interface automatically while starting the multiple paths software for the first time, afterwards, we don’t need to wait and the system will eject the multiple paths immediately while we starting it.
1. The initialization of the multiple paths software need the system’s WMI service, once the WMI service has stopped abnormally, the program’s interface will can’t create a connection with the WMI nominating room, and finally leads to the initialization of the interface can’t be completed.
2. Once maps too many LUNs to the host, when opening the interface, the multiple paths software must read the disk’s parameters in the register firstly, the more the number of the disk is, the more time it needs, please wait patiently, the system will eject the multiple path interface automatically.