There has created a new mirror image at a certain site, then created the virtual machine failed, the detailed symptom is that gaining the IP first, then releasing it about an half hours later, the virtual machine’s status is “Failed to create”.
1. Check whether the “remote registery” service is on
2. Due to there are many networks between the virtual machine and the server, we may need to consult with the customer while checking if the 455 port has been shielded, so we recreate the mirror image and mainly check the firewall. The detail steps:
Step 1. Select “Start > Run”.
Step 2.Enter the “gpedit.msc” , then click “OK”.
Eject the “Group Policy Object Editor” window.
Step 3. Launch at the left guidance “Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Network Connections > Windows Firewall”.
Step 4. Select “Domain Profile” at the left guidance, double click the “Windows Firewall: Protect all network connections” at the right guidance.
Step 5. Select “Disabled” at the “Setting” option, then single click “OK”.
Step 6. Select “Standard Profile” at the left guidance, double click the “Windows Firewall: Protect all network connections” at the right window.
Step 7. Select “Disabled” at the “Setting” option, then single click “OK”.
3. After making the mirror image, recreate the virtual machine successfully.
Judges the reason are as follows initially:
1. It shields to make strategy for the port 455 in the network.
2. The firewall hasn’t been closed while making the template of the mirror image;
3. The “remote registery” service hasn’t started
You should comply with the GPI manual carefully while making the mirror image.