No relevant resource is found in the selected language.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read our privacy policy>Search


To have a better experience, please upgrade your IE browser.

Knowledge Base

After changing the DG’s name, the USB interface can’t be used normally

Publication Date:  2012-11-12  |   Views:  219  |   Downloads:  0  |   Author:  c00230043  |   Document ID:  EKB1000019309


Issue Description

We created a new platform at a site, and used the “YYT-NEW” as the dg name for the new platform, after it had substituted the former platform, the services tested normally, and then switched it, and the dg name was modified as “YYT”, received the alarm from the business hall, all the desktop’s USB interfaces couldn’t read information, we couldn’t’ use the USB.

Alarm Information


Handling Process

1. Guide the user to modify the USB configuration information in the primary options for registering, select “connect all the available USB device” in the “while restating the desktop”, select “connect the USB device” in the “while plugging in the USB devices during the process of using the desktop”; after completed these modifications, login again and validate, we find the problem has been settled.

Root Cause

1. We find this is a common problem; all the machines in each business hall have the same problem, and the users are guided to check the “primary options” setting in the floating window, we find the USB connection information in the primary options has been changed as the default value “Don’t execute any operation”;(for detail information see the handing process)
2. Because the operation is simple in the last night, we just changed the dg name, so associating it with the problem, we guess that changing the dg name may cause the “webica.ini” file in the TC, then finally cause the USB configuration information has been changed;
3. All the SH telecom take the TC of XPE system, reminding by the researcher, open the C disk, find the “webica.ini” file in the catalog “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\ICAClient”, this file is 0 KB, it’s empty, however, in the normal condition, there must be the corresponding configuration information of the desktop group name. As the picture displayed:


From the above case we can understand the dg name is related with the “webcia.ini” file, we should pay attention, the configuration information of the IE in the TC is saved in this file, we should know the risk while changing the dg name.
This fault is adapted to the TC with the version of XPE system, the TC of Linux system also has this type fault, we can take the same method to settle it.