1. The computing formula of the virtual machine memory occupancy rate is as followed, it denotes the distribution rate of the virtual memory.
Virtual machine memory occupancy rate = virtual machine memory used total (vmMemTotal) / virtual machine memory available (memAvail).
2. The method of computing virtual machine memory availability is:
Login in the CNA node via “puuty”, execute the command “/opt/eucalyptus/usr/sbin/Ncclient describeResource”, check the first value of the “memory” in the return value, as the following displayed, it’s 25704MB.
3. The method to compute the virtual machine memory totality (vmMemTotal) is:
While creating the virtual machine, the CNA server will distribute memory to each virtual machine, the total of the all memory of these virtual machines is the virtual machine memory totality.
Execute the command “./NCclient getHostVmList” in the CNA node catalog “/opt/eucalyptus/usr/sbin”, and we will get the following information:
Take the sum of the VM memory, we can obtain the vmMemTotal.
4. Substitute the above computing value into the corresponding variables, then we can compute the virtual machine memory occupancy rate:
Virtual machine memory occupancy rate = virtual machine memory used total (vmMemTotal) / virtual machine memory available (memAvail)= 3072/25704=12%
5. From the above formula, we can see that the virtual machine memory occupancy rate will not change unless there is creating a new VM or deleting a current VM.
6. We can compute the virtual machine memory occupancy rate simply in the Portal, in the CNA node monitor of the OMSportal interface, in the resource statistic information of the virtual memory, the used memory / the available memory is equal to the virtual machine memory occupancy rate.