S9300 interconnects with ME60 BDF session cannot be up. ME60 established BFD session using main interface, configuration is as follows:
bfd test bind peer-ip default-ip interface GigabitEthernet8/0/0
discriminator local 3
discriminator remote 4
S9306 device BFD configuration is as follows:
bfd test bind peer-ip default-ip interface GigabitEthernet6/0/10
discriminator local 4
discriminator remote 3
1. Check link and it is normal
2. The ME 60 main interface protocol is down state, configure one IP address, the main interface state is UP, but the BFD session is down.
3. Check s9306 interface configured undo port trunk allow vlan 1, which is common way for switch, avoiding the loop. The BFD packet sent from ME60 main inaterface was not taking the vlan, it will access to default vlan1 when accessing to S9306, but the interface forbad vlan1 for passing through, leading BFD packet cannot be handled by S9306, that caused BFD session cannot establish. Recover the passing through that interface to vlan1, the problem is solved.
1. The link between ME60 and S9306 is abnormal.
2. The interface state of ME60 or S9306 is not up.
3. The BFD packet interaction of ME60 and S9306 is abnormal
S9306 cannot handle the BFD packet with vlan coming from interface, so it enable the BFD function on the peer side main interface, then S9300 receives BFD packet without vlan, ensure that default vlan can pass the interface, or BFD packet will be lost, that lead BFD session cannot be up.