1. There are garbled characters in the TSM interface, just install the Chinese characters set into the operating system and the problem can be settled, the operation method is:
Use the “administrator” to login in the operating system which has installed the TSM software.
(1) Select “Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options”;
(2) Select the “Install files for East Asian languages” in the “Languages” option;
(3) Click “OK” in the ejecting dialog box;
(4) Click “OK” in the “Regional and Language Options” interface.
(5) After completing the installation, click “Yes” in the ejecting box to restart the operating system.
(6) Enter into the “Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options” again.
(7) Configure the corresponding items as the following red frame displayed in the “Advanced” option.
(8) Confirm the prompt message and then restart the operating system, then complete the whole installation of the Chinese characters set.
2. In order to avoid there appearing the garbled characters in the TSM data item, the sequence rule and manner must be set correction while beginning to install the SQL SERVER database, the detail configurations are as followed:
For the SQL SERVER 2005 database, set the “indicator characters of querying rules and sequence” as the following operation:
For the SQL SERVER 2008, set the “indicator characters of querying rules and sequence” as the following operation:
a) The sequence rules of the database engine
b) The sequence rules of the “Analysis Services”
If you haven’t set according to the above and there appear the garbled characters in the TSM data item, you have to reinstall the SQL SERVER and the TSM software, remember setting the sequence rules of the SQL SERVER correctly.