Login the client’s N8300 ISM software, we find there is the emergent warning: the system disk read-write is too frequent. We confirm the operation is really frequent via observing the status indictor of the node system disk. The version is 5.6RP1P1 in site.
ISM is warning: the system disk read-write is too frequent.
Install the corresponding patch. The detail steps are as followed:
1. Login the cluster main node;
2. Login via the account “support”, the password is “symantec”;
3. Copy the “tar” packet to the cluster main node’s “/home” catalog;
4. Enter in the catalog just copied in, “tar -xvf upgrade.tar”;
5. Enter in the patch catalog “upgrade”, and execute the command “chmod 777 *” to grant the implementation permission for all files;
6. Execute the “sh upgrade.sh” command to run the script installation patch;
7. It will be OK in 3~5 minutes.
There has bug correlative with the license in this version. The problem is caused by the two nodes synchronizing frequently, which will impact on the system’s performance.
We can fast locate and solve the problem if we know the function and BUG of each N8000 version.