In the R2C00SPC100 version, while implementing the reducing capacity in the MNportal (reduce a CNA), there has the alarm “the heartbreak between the server and the OMM is discontinued” in the normal running node, and it revives in a minute later, is this a normal condition?
There has the alarm “the heartbreak between the server and the OMM is discontinued” in the OmsPortal.
1. If one of the following conditions is satisfied, there may has the alarm about the heartbreak is discontinued:
(1) Can’t ping through the failure host IP, the BMC can’t ping through too.
(2) The “bmcStatus” process in the OMM main node is abnormal.
(3) The interval time since it has pinged through is over 3 minutes.
(4) The monitored node hasn’t reported any data, i.e. the “startPluin” process hasn’t started.
(5) The 8649 node of the OMM main node hasn’t received the data of the failure node.
2. While the OMM main node is expanding or reducing capacity, the MN node will reproduce the “TOPO.xml” file (topology diagram), and then distribute to the OMM node, then the monitor (gmond process) and alarm process (gyenyame process) must be restarted so that the topology diagram becomes effective. After the alarm process “gyenyame” has restarted, once the 8649 port hasn’t received the data sent from a certain node’s “startPlugin” process while checking the heartbreak between the server and the OMM, the node will consider the heartbreak is abnormal, then there will produce the alarm about the heartbreak is discontinued. It’s a normal condition, we can omit it.