1. As this is a SQL server error, first try to search the error code I060035 from Microsoft website. Unfortunately, there are only error codes from 1 to 35999 for SQL server 2008 R2 in Microsoft website:
2. From the error message itself, we can see that this error is caused by a failed login with account SA. And we can check our configuration file to find the SA account’s password. Please see the red labeled line in the following picture:
3. To confirm if it’s SA account’s password issue, try to login to database engine in SQL server management studio with SA account and password. It fails too. This confirms that the SA account and password is not correct.
4. Login into database engine with another administrative account, manually change SA’s password to the one in our configuration file. Just like following screenshot:
5. After the SA’s password is changed, try to run Witness again and now it succeeded with no error.