VP9030 1080P terminal software version:V100R011C02B013SP40
MCU software version:V100R007C02B017SP11
SMC2.0 software version:V100R001C01B019SP04
The customer has purchased servial VC terminals VP9030 with 1080P, and they want to have 1080P multi-confs with other terminals with the exsiting MCU8650 and SMC2.0 system ,but after they launch the conference,they find that the conference already has 1080P ability,but the terminal is only sending 720P video stream. And they also find that unless we strictly configure 1080P ability for the conference paremeters for the timinal, the terminal cannot have 1080P conference at all,which is not what they wants, and what they wants is that different bandwith can auto negotiate different resolution abilities.
1. make sure that the MCU can support 1080P ability
2. Use putty to login the terminal with debug user ,and run the commands below:
ui config get conf.FollowHwMCU
mc allparam sve
1. First check the conference rate range on the SMC2.0 webpage, and make sure it already defines the correct rate range.
2. Check the on-going conference's ablity, and also find that this conf is 1080P
3. Configure the conference parameters strictly with 1080P ability on the terminal webpage , then it can join the conference with 1080P ability, but with such setting it even can join in conference with 1080P ability under 256Kbps bandwidth, which is clearly not what customer wants. However, through this we can know that our terminal can support 1080P conference.
4. Then discusse with HQ R&D, and find that this is our strategy which only supports 720P ability using auto-negotiation mode , and if we want to join in the HD conf with 1080p, we must follow point 3 above, or configure the terminal ability with command to follow the MCU's ability,then it can join in the 1080P conference with 1080P ability.
Suggest R&D and HQ can introduce some important strategy features to front line engineers periodically.