Step 1 Optimize the parameter settings on the Apache server.
1. On the Windows 2008 operating system, find the apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf file.
2. Use the Notepad program to open the file and delete the pound signs (#) before three lines, as shown below:
#LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
3. Add the following information to the end of the file contents:
Step 2 Optimize the CIFS service performance on the N8000.
1.Log in to the N8000 as user support.
2.Run vi /opt/VRTSnasgw/conf/smbglobal.conf.
3.Under the line of realm="", add two lines: max_xmit='65535' and max_open_files='65535', as shown in the following figure:
4. Run ! wq command to save data and exit.
5. Run su – master to switch to user master.
6. Run cifs to switch to CIFS mode.
7. Run cifs stop to stop the CIFS service.
8. Run cifs start to start the CIFS service.
Step 3 Right-click My Computer and choose Management > Services and Applications.
Step 4 Find the Apache service. Right-click Apache2.2 and choose Restart.
Step 5 Verify the optimization.
1. Run ab -n 1000 -c 200 http://127.0.0.1/index.htm.
2. Check the command output. As shown in the following figure, the response speed to requests has notably improved.